The production glue team is pleased to announce that one of our larger efforts last year has been awarded the gold medal for “Best Corporate Meeting / Special Event Environment” in the 2008 Event Design Awards by Event Design Magazine. The project was the “Gift on Fifth” for Bank of America, it was produced and designed by Concentric Communications and technically managed by production glue. Tom Bussey was our primary technical director on the project.
To view the article about the awards please visit the following link:
The project was open fromNovember 23 – December 7, 2007 and was designed as a holiday promotion for Bank of America. Although the building was designed as a temporary structure and event space, all NYC DOB rules and regulations applied for construction and occupancy.
Some additional technical tidbits about the project are listed below:
- 40 Panes of 4’ x 12’ glass = 16,000 lbs of Glass
- 75,000 lbs of Structural Steel
- 4-Zone Audio Environment
- Entire Global Inventory of Highest Resolution LED Screen Currently Available to Rent
- Three Unique Interactive Holiday-Theme Retail Display Windows
- Interactive Green Screen Greeting Card Activity with Real-Time Internet Publishing
- 8 Weeks for Design and Development
- 21 Days to Build, 10 Days Open to the Public, 12 Days to Tear-Down