In celebration of World AIDS Day, Belvedere Vodka took over the Meatpacking District’s Gansevoort Plaza, for BELVEDERE(RED) Night Lights, New York; a captivating light show & music experience with electro-funk DJ duo, Chromeo.
Held on November 29th – Mission Public Relations brought glue onboard to participate in the festive evening; promoting the two-year partnership between Belvedere Vodka & (RED), the latest BELVEDERE(RED) Special Edition Bottle, and the fight for an AIDS-free generation by 2015. The President of Belvedere Vodka Charles Gibb, actress Kelly Rutherford, and VHI’s Carrie Keagan, amongst other advocates, were present to show their support.
To understand the needs of industry frontrunner, Mission Public Relations, raise awareness for BELVEDERE(RED), and support the courageous efforts of The Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, through the development of the evening’s program & its supporting production, building & installing onsite structures, and taking the appropriate precautions in light of Hurricane Sandy’s aftermath.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Liaised with the venue & city officials to advance all permitting, and to better understand the particular guidelines of the plaza & its surrounding neighborhood
- Provided support for the offsite test build & onsite installation of the 18’x18’ tree structure; oversaw its local transportation logistics & post-event storage
- Supervised full site build: lighting towers, press & VIP risers, branding walls & banners, FOH position, and a 12’x12’ box truss for Chromeo’s customized DJ booth
- Produced a step-and-repeat for the outside of Bagatelle; reinforced the client’s step-and-repeat indoors
- Oversaw all aspects of production, program development, and site management: audio (including sound effect creation), lighting (S&R and elements of VIP party), video (live camera feed into Bagatelle), talent wrangling, and union labor
- Ensured the show ended promptly at 10:00pm, as to adhere to the city-enforced curfew; cleared the area of over 850 guests & all structures by 12:00am
50% of profits from the global sale of the (BELVEDERE)RED Special Edition bottle will contribute to the Global Fund – click here to learn more about this organization & how to support their cause.
Photo Contribution by Getty Images
Bizbash, “Belvedere Installs 20-Foot Tree-Shaped Lights in New York to Promote World AIDS Day”
Huffington Post, “Painting the Town Belvedere (RED)”
Mission Blog, “Chromeo and Belvedere shut down the Meatpacking District with (RED) for World AIDS Day”
Big thanks to our colleagues & friends at Mission Public Relations – we enjoyed every moment of working with your team & had a blast bringing your vision for Belvedere to life!